A young girl is playing in her bedroom when she hears her mother call to her from the kitchen, so she runs downstairs to meet her mother.
As she’s running through the hallway, the door to the cupboard under the stairs opens, and a hand reaches out and pulls her in. It’s her mother. She whispers to her child, “Don’t go into the kitchen. I heard it too.”
Use the above paragraph as a basis for your Flash Fiction this week. Feel free to change the gender and relationship of the two characters. You can mix it up entirely. The only thing which must remain is, “I heard it too.”
DETAILS FOR FLASH FICTION FACTION
- The flash fiction prompts will go live on Sunday, starting tomorrow March 4, 2012.
- They will be due each week on Thursday, beginning March 8, 2012.
- The prompts will vary week to week. Some will be photos, others a word, a phrase, a sentence (that you may incorporate or draw inspiration from,) a scenario, etc. We will shake it up!
- The pieces should be between 101 words and 1000.
- I will post my Flash Fiction piece under the heading Flash Fiction Faction.
- Leave a comment and link to your Flash piece.
- Please, everyone, do your best to read and comment on everyone’s work. Leave your link wherever you go.
- Tweet! #FlashFictionFaction and others. Promote your work. You worked hard to create these pieces, they deserve to be read.
- And have a great time creating in whatever genre you choose.Have a fantastic time this week and I’ll meet everyone back here on Thursday morning EST!
- Flash Fiction Faction: Refuse (quillshiv.wordpress.com)
- 3/11/2012 Flash Fiction Faction Prompt (quillshiv.wordpress.com)
- 3/18/2012 Flash Fiction Faction Prompt (quillshiv.wordpress.com)
- Flash Fiction Faction: The Harvest (quillshiv.wordpress.com)
- And The Winners Are… (quillshiv.wordpress.com)
- Flash Fiction Faction: Mocking Motherbird (quillshiv.wordpress.com)
- Flash Fiction Faction: Bitts (quillshiv.wordpress.com)
- Flash Fiction Faction: The Shriek Hunters (hauntedeyeball.wordpress.com)